You are receiving this email to inform you the class registration schedule and procedure for the upcoming Summer 2017 trimester. Please read and follow these instructions carefully.
In order to register for classes at SVU, please follow these instructions.
· Students must go to the Student Office to make their first tuition payment $1,600 and $200 insurance & processing fee from 11AM to 6PM.
· Submit any pending official/notarized documents to SVU Student Office and clear all holds.
· Students will receive a Registration Record. It contains a QR Code, a token ID and the webpage for online class registration.
· On the day of registration, you can scan the QR code with your portable device or enter the token ID on your sheet.
· Follow the instruction on the website for class registration.
· Written authorization in the form of a printed, signed letter and Student ID card must be presented if requesting the registration record by another person.
Continue F1 students may take under full course load during summer trimester. However, if you plan to graduate in Summer 2017, you should submit Reduce Below Full Course Load form to Student Office before the registration.
Failure to do so will affect your I-20 Status and your petition will be denied.
Concurrent enrollment in the ESL classes at SVU with your regular degree courses is mandatory if you have not met the requirement of English proficiency.
Requesting Registration Record (April 5th – April 15th, 2017)
· Requesting Registration Record for the Summer 2017 trimester will be held from April 5th – April 15th, 2017.
· The Registration Record can be used from April 17th – April 22nd, 2017 and May 8th – May 13th, 2017.
Pre-Registration (April 17th – April 22nd, 2017)
· Class Pre-Registration will be held from April 17th, 11 AM to April 22nd, 2017, 11:59 PM for all the students.
· Students can register up to 4 courses under graduate level / 3 courses master’s level.
· Adding or Dropping courses are allowed without charge.
*******Any registration after April 22nd, 2017 students must pay an additional $75 fee for late registration.******
Master’s Program Students:
If you are a Master’s Degree Program Student, you must follow additional procedures:
· Master’s Degree Program Students are allowed to register for no more than 3 courses from April 17th – April 22nd, 2017.
· The student must pay the full tuition, including the extra courses by May 9th, 2017.
· If Master’s Degree Program Students want to register for more than 3 courses, you can add more courses from May 8th – May 13th, 2017 (see Add/Drop Classes).
Add/Drop Classes (April 17th – April 22nd, 2017 and May 8th –May 13th, 2017)
Students must follow these procedures when Adding or Dropping classes:
· Students are allowed to Add/Drop courses from April 17th to April 22nd, 2017 and May 8th to May 13th, 2017 with the same Registration Record used for Pre-Registration.
· Any Add/Drop courses from May 15th to May 20th, 2017 will be charged $50 (and new Registration Record must be requested).
· Students requesting Add/Drop courses after May 20th, 2017 must meet with Academic Advisor (any changes will be charged $50 per course).
· Any questions please contact Academic Advisor.
· The course dropped within the first 3 weeks (i.e. before May 21st) will not be shown on the Grade Report.
· A Student who withdraws from a course from Week 4 (May 21st) to Week 7 (June 25th) of that course will receive a “W” (Withdraw).
· After the seventh week, withdrawal incurs a “WF” (Withdraw with Fail) grade.
**************** NO Add/Drop will be allowed after May 27th, 2017 *****************
· $200 includes the insurance premium and processing fee.
· Will provide coverage from May 1st, 2017 to August 31st, 2017.
· Insurance Waiver
For students holding comparable coverage may be eligible to waive the enrollment in the SVU insurance plan.
o Your own health insurance must cover at least from May 1st, 2017 to August 31st, 2017.
o You need to submit the Health Insurance Waiver Form and the proof of health insurance coverage to Student Office.
o Waiver request may take up to 3-5 business to be processed. You will NOT receive the Registration Record until the waiver request has been processed.
· If tuition is not paid off by May 20th, 2017, students must pay a $100 dollar penalty in addition to their tuition fees.
· If tuition is not paid off by July 29th, 2017 students must pay a $200 dollar penalty in addition to their tuition fees.
If tuition is not paid off by July 29th, 2017, online portal will be blocked and all registered courses will be assigned a WF Grade
Again, please pay careful attention to these instructions. If you have any questions, please ask the SVU Student Office. Failure to follow these instructions may result in dropped classes, additional penalty fees, or cancellation of your I-20.
Thank you and have a good day!
Silicon Valley University