SILICON VALLEY UNIVERSITY
Mission & Goals
The primary mission of Silicon Valley University (SVU) is to provide excellent educational programs in both undergraduate and graduate levels to equip and prepare students with the right set of knowledge and skills for careers in the high tech industry and competitive global business arena.
This mission is accomplished by leveraging Silicon Valley’s expertise in technology and business sectors to:
- Provide students with faculty who are experts in their field and are currently working in the high tech industry and global business sectors;
- Provide students with a learning environment that utilizes the latest available technology in use in the work place;
- Prepare students with the practical skills necessary for performing at the highest levels in their chosen professions;
- Develop the capacity for independent and critical thinking; promote entrepreneurship by encouraging new ideas for business initiatives and product development, and
- Improve the English language skills of international students in preparation for study in America, or for personal or professional development.
SVU is located in Silicon Valley (San Jose, California), the hub of the US high-tech industry and global business. The university occupies space in a Class A office building. The 70,000 square foot office space consists of large classrooms for delivery of multimedia presentations to large groups and smaller classrooms for small-group discussions. All classes are being held in the newly remodeled campus. Other facilities of the university include the Library, Computer Room, and Student’s Lounge which are all available for students during school hours. The Student Office and other administrative offices provide needful assistance to students 6 days a week.
Mobile Internet Services
To support mobile internet and cloud computing, the whole digital campus is fully covered by 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi access points back-hauled to FE/GE/10-GE backbone network switch hierarchic in the 7/24 air-conditioned private data center.
Via Wi-Fi access point and backbone switch infra-structure plus internet, students, faculty, and staff can use mobile internet devices (i.e., Apple iPad, Apple iPhone, Android Tablet, Android Phone, Macbook Air, Google Tablet, Ultrabook, or Microsoft Surface) to access cloud computing inside the whole campus. When the license is permitted through proxy servers, students can then access any software tools from anywhere at any time. Student’s learning experience cannot be made easier with all these services.
In addition, SVU has a self-developed and customized Apple iPhone apps that provide services to both our current students and future students. For instance, students can check their grades or view the latest school news and events just by logging in to the SVU apps. SVU also uses an Apple iPad as a campus kiosk guide system, utilizing the most advanced RFID technology, for students to view class schedules and take attendance during school hours.